YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT.
On August 5th, 2019, SustainNatural.com was acquired by Grove Collaborative.
Last Updated: July 3rd, 2018
At Grove Collaborative, the most important thing is always doing right by our customers. We crafted this document to provide our customers with transparency into our business practices. For those of us who aren’t often reading Privacy Policies, we wanted to be sure to call out one thing that may not be immediately clear: we do not and will not sell your data to any third party for any purpose. We do, however, use third party tools that help us run the company, provide our service, and market to future and current customers. The details of what we do, and with whom, are explained below. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we’re here to help!
Welcome to, and thank you for your interest in, the Grove Collaborative website! This website, currently located at www.grove.co and related sites, as it may be updated, relocated, or otherwise modified from time to time (the "Site"), along with the service available through the Site for the scheduling and delivery of household products to you (the Site and such service to be collectively referred to as the "Service"), is operated by Grove Collaborative Inc. ("Grove Collaborative," "us" or "we").
Information that is collected in connection with your use of the Service:
- User-provided Information
- We may collect personally identifiable information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, shipping address and billing address, phone number and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you order products on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post product reviews on our Site, the information contained in your review will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of personally identifiable information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We may also collect personally identifiable information at other points in our Site that state that personally identifiable information is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- "Cookies" Information When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Services and to market the Services or other products. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to help us tailor messages to the interests of our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- Information from Other Sources.
- We may collect data about you from third party services for the purposes of: (i) sending you mail, (ii) research and (iii) improving the relevance of our content and marketing efforts. We may we may maintain this data or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways.
- We may also, at your direction, receive information from third party services (such as social networks) that provide a mechanism to share information you have provided to such third parties through the use of an application program interface (API), such as Facebook Connect or the Twitter API.
How we use the information that we collect:
(a) General Use. We use the information that you provide or that is otherwise collected through your use of the Service to:
- Operate, maintain, enhance and provide all of the features of the Service (including without limitation, to assess the current and future needs of your household, process and fulfill your order(s), and provide refunds).
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Understand and analyze the usages trends and preferences of our users.
- Improve the Service and create new features and functionality.
- Contact you for administrative purposes or legal purposes such as customer support or to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues relating to user content.
- Make telephone calls to you, from time to time, for certain Account or Service-related communications.
- Send you a welcome e-mail or text to verify ownership of the e-mail address or phone number provided when your Account was created.
- Send you text messages to remind you about your upcoming orders, provide you with customer support and for other Account or Service-related purposes.
- Send you text messages for promotional communications.
- Send you promotional mail and e-mail messages relating to the Service and/or products and services (including, third party products and services) that we believe you may be interested in via mail or e-mail. You shall have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any such communications, through links provided in the messages.
- Personalize the Service, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service.
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city or business. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
(c) Creation of Anonymized Data. We may create anonymous data records from personally identifiable data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you (“Anonymous Data”). We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
When we disclose the information that we collect:
We disclose to third parties the information that you provide or that is otherwise collected through your use of the Service in the following circumstances:
- When you use the Services, the personally identifiable information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives and business associates.
- We may work with third party service providers who provide development, hosting, analytics, maintenance, payment processing, products, shipping, message delivery, call center and other services relating to the operation of the Service for us. These third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information for these purposes. We limit the personal information shared with these third parties to that which is necessary to carry out these functions.
- We may make certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties to: (i) comply with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law); in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant; or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- We also reserve the right to disclose any information we collect as appropriate or necessary to: (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect Grove Collaborative and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service; and/or (v) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Grove Collaborative, our users, or others.
- Any information, including personally identifiable information, that appears in your public profile or that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as a review, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including any other user of the Service and/or potentially any other internet user.
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(c) Text Messaging.
By signing up for our Service, you are expressly consenting to receive text messages to any mobile number you provide. You agree we may send you such text messages using any technology to remind you about upcoming orders and for other customer support, Account or Service-related purposes. You also agree that we may send you text messages to advise you about our offers, products, services, and/or programs, provided that we will seek your affirmative consent before sending you marketing or advertising-related text messages using an automatic telephone dialing system. Text messages will only be sent to the mobile phone number you supply. In some instances, you may have the opportunity to reply to a message, which may result in additional response messages. Your consent to receive marketing or advertising messages via an automatic telephone dialing system is not a condition of purchase.
Message and data rates may apply. We do not charge a fee for our text message programs and assume no responsibility for charges by your carrier that you may incur when you sign up to receive text messages from us. You may opt out of a text message program at any time by replying STOP to the number from which you received the message, or as otherwise stated in the specific terms and conditions for the applicable text message program. You may receive a final confirmation message to confirm that you will no longer receive text messages from the applicable text message program unless you opt back into such program. If you unsubscribe from a text message program, you may continue to receive text messages through any other text message programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs. You acknowledge that our program platforms may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP keyword command and agree that Grove and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. Some of our text messaging services have additional terms and conditions that will apply in addition to the description above.
(d) Changing or Deleting your Personally Identifiable Information
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some, or all, of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Third party services:
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party's policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Third party payment processor:
When you make a purchase on the Site, any credit card information you provide as part of your payment information is collected and processed directly by our payment processors Stripe and PayPal. We never receive or store your full credit card information. Stripe and PayPal commit to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy and https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
How we respond to Do Not Track Signals:
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.
Our commitment to children's privacy:
We do not knowingly allow children under 13 years of age to use the Service or knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If a child under 13 submits personally identifiable information to Grove Collaborative and we learn that the personally identifiable information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personally identifiable information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our commitment to data security:
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of any security breaches, you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing. Please note that the United States does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union and other regions.
Our contact information:
Grove Collaborative, Inc.
1301 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94111